Wednesday, January 6, 2010

I want to know who's allowed to breed All the dogs who never learned to read




I don't read many books. In 2009, I read about 6 or seven books- but only two weren't related to school. I felt out of my depth in English Extension class- everyone else had read many proper pieces of literature. In 2010, I'm going to get fucking cultured.

To begin my path to being a book reading citizen, I've purchased three books. I intend to read them.



 Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas- Hunter S. Thompson
Everyone in my year 12 English Extension class had either seen the movie or read the book. So far, I've read about a quarter of the book. A journalist and his attorney taking drugs 24/7 is starting to get tiring. I hope something more interesting happens soon.


Lolita- Vladimir Nabokov
Lolita is a pretty name. I've been told that this book is terrific- but I have my doubts. A tale of paedofilia written in 1955. That doesn't sound too pretty.

The Great Gatsby- F. Scott Fitzgerald
I have no idea what this is about, but I've heard it's good, and I picked it up for $1. Bargain. If I don't like it, I can sit it on  a shelf in my room, read-up about it on Wikipedia and pretend that I'm cultured enough to have read this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello stranger ;)